CodeSmith Generator 5.1 Released Tuesday, December 28 2010
On May 6th we released CodeSmith Generator 5.1. This update brings in many welcoming changes, to name a few: .netTiers 2.3, PLINQO 3.0. Also CodeSmith Generator and now requires that the .NET 3.5 Framework is installed before CodeSmith Generator installs.
- Updated installer to launch CodeSmith Generator after install.
- Loading a CSP on a new machine with an new connection string will cause TableSchema's UI to be blank.
- Fixed a bug where removing a data source from Database Explorer wouldn't permanently remove the data source.
- Fixed a threading error when removing a data source from Database Explorer.
- Fixed a bug where CodeSmith would throw an exception when it couldn't access the systems registry.
- Fixed a bug where Copy Properties would throw an exception when called on a unsaved template.
- Fixed a bug where the SqlCompactSchemaProvider connection string builder class could corrupted additional connection string options.
- Fixed a bug where the SqlCompactSchemaProvider timestamp/rowversion columns were returning a "rowversion" native type name, should be "timestamp".
- Added CodeSmith Customer Improvement Program.
- Various other minor changes.
- Fixed a bug where Generate Outputs would throw an error if a Visual Studio Solution contained a Setup and Deployment project.
- Various minor updates to Visual Studio's Integration.
- Updated Visual Studio Integration to unlock assemblies after generation.
- Fixed a bug where a CSP in Solution folder causes ERROR: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
- CodeSmith Studio now requires that .NET 3.5 SP1 to be installed.
- Fixed a bug where CodeSmith Studio would attempt to save a csp for a unsaved template.
- Fixed a bug where a NullReferenceException would be thrown when toggling the properties window when no template properties existed.
- Fixed a bug where extracting mapping files could cause an exception.
- Added Widening, Narrowing, Like, Let, CUInt, CULng, CUShort, and Operator to the VB.NET keyword list.
- Added var to the C# keyword list.
- Fixed a bug when using Intellisense and Math. or some variable names would throw an ArgumentOutOfRangeException.
- Updated CodeSmith Options dialog's.
- Added support to give feedback and send detailed error information from within CodeSmith.
- Updated Menu in CodeSmith Explorer, Users can now view the mapping editor, submit feedback, help, or configure options.
- Updated Manage Outputs and child dialogs to save the window dimensions.
- Added IndexedEnumerable, this is used to smartly enumerate collections and get a IsEven, IsLast, IsFirst property.
- Added Linq Querying support to all SchemaExplorer Collections.
- Added MergeProperty functionality for parsing properties from a CodeTemplate that inherits from an assembly.
- Added Insert Class Merge Strategy.
- Added CodeParser.
- Added support to detect an embedded SDK License.
- CodeSmith Configuration no longer uses xml files.
- Updated the documentation for IDbSchemaProvider and DataObjectBase.
- Fixed a bug in OracleSchemaProvider where AllowDBNull would always be set to true for view columns.
- Fixed a bug in OracleSchemaProvider where the TableSchema.PrimaryKeys collection wasn't being populated correctly.
- Updated OracleSchemaProvider's configuration to be configurable via the options dialog.
- Added SQL CLR Support to the SqlSchemaProvider. To see if a command is a CLR procedure check the "CS_IsCLR" extended property.
- Fixed a bug in SQLSchemaProvider where an xml index would be set to null after upgrading a SQL Server 2005 database to SQL Server 2008.
- Fixed a bug in SQLSchemaProvider where the ExtendedData query was missing the PropertyBaseType and Minor columns when querying SQL Server 2000 ExtendedData.
- Added PostgreSQLSchemaProvider, SqlCompactSchemaProvider, SQLiteSchemaProvider, VistaDBSchemaProvider.
- Updated .netTiers to version 2.3 RTM.
- Updated PLINQO to version 3.0.
- Added CSLA Beta templates.
- Various other minor changes.
Please click here for more information.