Today was my last day at Telligent as many of you already know. During this internship I learned many things that one can never learn by watching the television or going to college. Here are a few things I learned from some certain individuals:
- How to act in a corporate environment (I would like to see college teach that!)
- How to express my ideas in a more appealing way.
- Keep my desk nailed and chained to the floor.
I have compiled a list of reasons why I recommend anyone to work at Telligent:
- The people at Telligent have no EGO. So feel free to go up to any employee and ask them a question or if they would like to play a game of ping pong.
- You will never have to write a line of java, vb6 + exchange ;). Except maybe in really RARE cases.
- You are not a number! Each day of work is a new day filled with endless possibilities of how you can change the company in one form or another.
- Work on super cool projects using the latest technologies. Still working on .Net 1.1? Telligent works with the latest technologies like SilverlightTM!
- Have you ever needed a book right now, and didn’t want to wait for it to arrive at your door? Telligent has its own library, and heck while you are looking you might find a book that was written by someone who actually works at Telligent.
- Why work in a cubicle when you can have your own office. The down side to this is you might lose your desk every once in a while ;).
- Does your current work place offer free food twice a week and free drinks + beer? I didn’t think so.
- Lunch and learns. Once in a while you might have an urge to learn something new. Telligent lets its employees teach each other over a catered in dinner.
- Game night. Feel free to pwn your coworkers in a game of counter-strike: source or DOD: Source. For those of you who are not into FPS games, you can always find a game of WOW being played.
- Telligent, the name says it all. A .Net developer s dream job. Every day you could be working on a awesome product for a Fortune 500 company.
For the record I want to let all Telligent Employees that how much I appreciated meeting every one of you. You all are very unique, but have one thing in common; you are all very intelligent. Thanks for having me here this summer and enjoy my Tellicast. It should be airing in about three weeks.
To those that I was around every day, your day should go a lot smoother now that you don’t have to put up with me.
A special thanks goes to Delia for everything that she has done for us over the summer (like fixing our air conditioning, and taking us grocery shopping) thanks, mom. For people that hauled me to the .Net User Groups thanks a bunch :D. To Bill Robertson, I really enjoyed pair programming with a senior developer and all the things that you taught me. To the few (you know who you are), for those great conversations. To the Interns down putt putt ally, have fun working on reporting and school, if you have a question feel free to ask me. To my bosses who I asked many SQL questions and generic questions too. To Jason Alexander and Rob Howard; for giving me the chance to come down here this summer and work under your wing. To anyone I forgot, And finally to my roommate Adam who had to put up with me through all the jokes.
To keep track of me I will either be blogging on this site or windowscoding.com 😀
Read the complete post at telliterns.com/blaken/archive/2007/08/24/my-last-day.aspx