I’ve been waiting for this day for a very long time. Starting today you can view or debug the source code to the following .NET Framework libraries:
- .NET Base Class Libraries (including System, System.CodeDom, System.Collections, System.ComponentModel, System.Diagnostics, System.Drawing, System.Globalization, System.IO, System.Net, System.Reflection, System.Runtime, System.Security, System.Text, System.Threading, etc).
- ASP.NET (System.Web, System.Web.Extensions)
- Windows Forms (System.Windows.Forms)
- Windows Presentation Foundation (System.Windows)
- ADO.NET and XML (System.Data and System.Xml)
Shawn burke has a great blog post on how to configure your Visual Studio 2008 install to allow you to view the source code. Please continue at source for all the details on how to implement this feature.