The last couple of days have been better than Christmas for a few of us. Microsoft has been releasing many updates to its developer tools and sdk to go with the recent release of Visual Studio 2008. Below I have listed the updates that have been released with download links. Enjoy!
Visual Studio 2008
- Download Express Versions here
- Download Retail Versions (MSDN subscribers only) here
- Download Trial Versions here
Visual Studio 2008 SDK
This is the official software development kit that allows developers to integrate tools, editors, designers, languages, and other features inside Visual Studio 2008.
Key features in the VS 2008 SDK include:
- Visual Studio Shell development support
- Enhancements in Domain-specific Language tools
- Visual Studio Package development and testing support for C++, C# and Visual Basic
- Code samples and documentation covering toolbox controls integration, general IDE integration, Domain-specific Languages (DSL), Team Foundation Server extensibility, Data Designers extensibility , and other areas
- Support for Windows Vista
Download Visual Studio 2008 SDK Version 1.0
Visual Studio 2008 Samples
- Samples and starter kits are located here.
- Samples for Visual Studio 2008
- Samples for Visual Basic 2008 Express
- Hands On Labs for LINQ
- 101 LINQ Samples
- LINQ and language samples for Visual Studio 2008
- LINQ Hands On Labs
- LINQ to SQL Hands on Lab
- C# 3.0 Language Enhancements Hands On Lab
- LINQ to SQL Beta 2 to RTM Breaking Changes
- Visual Basic and C# Breaking Changes from Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2008
Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office system 3.0
This download (VSTOR30.exe) installs the Visual Studio Tools for the Office system 3.0 Runtime, which is required to run VSTO solutions for the 2007 Microsoft Office system built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 (Microsoft).
Download Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for the Microsoft Office system x86
Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008
Microsoft Report Viewer control enables applications that run on the .NET Framework to display reports designed using Microsoft reporting technology. This redistributable package contains Windows Forms and ASP.NET Web server control versions of the Report Viewer (Microsoft).
Download Microsoft Report Viewer Redistributable 2008 here
Visual Studio 2008 Training Kit
The Visual Studio 2008 Training Kit contains a full 5-days of technical content including 20 hands-on labs, 28 presentations, and 20 scripted demos. The technologies covered in the kit include: LINQ, C# 3.0, VB 9, WCF, WF, WPF, Windows CardSpace, Silverlight, ASP.NET Ajax, .NET Compact Framework 3.5, VSTO 3.0, Visual Studio Team System, and Team Foundation Server (Eric Nelson).
Download Visual Studio 2008 Training Kit here
Visual Studio 2008 Shell (isolated mode) Redistributable Package
The Visual Studio Shell (isolated mode) provides a foundation on which you can build your own custom-branded tools environment that runs side by side with Visual Studio. By using the Visual Studio Shell (isolated mode), you can accelerate development by reusing the Visual Studio IDE in your application and focus on your core tooling problems (Microsoft).
Download Visual Studio 2008 Shell (isolated mode) Redistributable Package Here
Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) Redistributable Package
The Visual Studio Shell (integrated mode) provides the foundation on which you can seamlessly integrate tools and programming languages within Visual Studio. The Visual Studio Shell (integrated mode) does not contain any programming language, so it provides the perfect foundation to deploy a development environment for your own language. The Visual Studio Shell (integrated mode) seamlessly integrates with Visual Studio 2008 Standard and above. Any tools and programming languages that run inside the Visual Studio Shell (integrated mode) will run together with Visual Studio 2008 (Standard and above) if they are also installed on the same machine. By using the Visual Studio Shell (integrated mode), you will not need to make Visual Studio a pre-requisite on your user machines (Microsoft).
Download Visual Studio 2008 Shell (integrated mode) Redistributable Package Here